Thursday, 5 February 2015

Doom Merchants

Its very early , I've awoken realising that before I set off at 7am to collect the Sponge Bag and Nightware of Ancient Parent from Beverley and take to the Hull Royal , I need to cancel a taxi I had ordered to take me to a different hospital for my own impending surgery, now cancelled . IT has been a Doom Laden week. 

  • More glass has shattered in my greenhouse on the allotment
  • Local Christians will go on and on to me about the impending Apocalypse
  • Local Atheists will go on and on to me  about the impending Apocalypse
  • We have run out of Marmite (or is that a food sacrificed to idols)
  • I've had a massive Library book fine 
In the scheme of things , and here I am not talking about the Apocalypse , but just how my tiny tiny life fits into this tiny town and how that fits in to the rest of the world. The Global Atrocities are so really awful that it would be very easy to ignore them all together by Head Burying, to try and make sense of them by Head Worrying or to convince oneself that  all will be right and all will be right By Head Pleasing.

So let the Doom Merchants keep on considering the Illuminati , Zionism and the New World Order and let us FIX OUR EYES in another direction.

Hebrews 12

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.


Ecumenical Lent Groups will be starting soon in Filey, so if you live here , consider joining one . I know of 2 so far being planned, at St Marys RC on Tuesday Morning , and Salvation Army on Wednesday Evening .



As a PS Ive just read my wonderful cyberfriend Archdruid Eileen's post on Children In Church .That will lift the DOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...