Sunday, 24 November 2013

A great few days and a great website


Saturday night treat

I have always loved the contradiction of terms when we are instructed to buy without money, and so when Andrew started off our Vision  and Resources Day  with the quote from Isaiah 55 yesterday I knew I would like the Day!

‘Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labour on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.



As we met and prayed and talked yesterday . and listened to the thoughful and helpful contributions from those who had reports to deliver , I was so relieved at the Sea Change in our outlook for the future.  Sea Change is my new phrase this week ! 


After our Parish Shared lunch I went to the allotment to get some Chard for lunch today, and realised that the sun was going down quickly . How lovely was the light  ! I forgot to cook the Chard today, it's still hanging on the back door in its bag. I cooked the dinner last night so quickly as I wanted to get everything done so I could enjoy DR WHO, and BORGEN, to end a really great day.



Today was also great! We all enjoyed the Baptism at St Johns, by David  of his  great grandchildren . Then spent the time afterwards seeing just how Shielas daughters looked like her! 


My photos are not great however, as my phone is ailing, and tomorrow I go to Scarborough to get a new one , having agonized at all the deals available .  My dear son in law has explained what Gigabytes are and how many I need and all the ways to get a good deal. So I have been looking at a site 

Vision day was great,  light on allotment was great, Dr Who was great, Borgen was great Baptism was great, BillMonitor.com is FANTASTIC !


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...