Saturday, 6 April 2013

Take a chance

Kilham Potato Field June 2010

Put your potatoes in! I listened and watched as Nancy planted the seed on Good Friday and placed the pot at the foot of the Wooden Cross in St Oswalds. The ritual planting of Seed Potatoes on Good Friday made no sense at all this year. As I looked at all the allotments as I walked past to the one I share with Bernard I noticed that no one near our plot had planted any over Easter Weekend, but this week there has been activity a plenty as we all  put our  first earlies in. We do take a chance . No such chance with the real thing behind Nancy's symbolic act. 

Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. Isaiah 26 :19

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...