Sunday, 10 March 2013

Mothering Sunday... and a poem written by Barry Spencer of Stainforth which he read out in church today, as he also shared about his recent journey of faith and Mother Church, since losing his own mother in 2011.


A MOTHER’S PRIDE

A Mother’s pride    on Mother’s Day
For those still here…          those gone away
My Mother Church…        I return to Thee
You are the rock…  that comforts me
When my heart was broken…  You were there for me!
When I cried for help… You heard my plea!

In the wilderness I turned away
But Lord You knew just what to say!
You do not judge or turn Your back
When faith in You I seem to lack

You are my friend, my soul mate, and my companion
You won me over and became my champion
When death and grief reared its ugly head
And rivers of tears my eyes did shed…

You were my one true friend… just like my mother!
A friend Lord God…. unlike no other….

Barry Spencer
February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...