Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Ivor Dartnall Smith

A few years ago we did a post about the Aim well and ring the bell at the corner of Crescent Gardens in Filey. It was good then to have the comment by  the daughter of Ivor Dartnall Smith today telling of his death , or passing into glory as I think he would have said. I have put the link up for you to see the original post .
My grandsons  who live in Filey are now 6 and 8 . We often have charge of them for the day, especially if one is not able  to go to school. Colin and I have been emptying our purses of coppers with them , and still do , since they were old enough to throw. Aiming well and ringing the bell is a simple pleasure, and the boys are good at it! I dont know who collects the pennies now, I do know that Churches Together in Filey  is a very good thing. My brothers and sisters in Christ who worship in other buildings ,are all the better for knowing. So today lets pray a blessing on those at the Salvation Army, Roman Catholic and Methodist congregations  of our Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...