Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Make something of me..






Psalm 40



I waited and waited for God. At last he looked , finally he listened. he lifted me out of the ditch,pulled me from deep mud.



Blessed are you who give yourselves over to God, turn your backs on the world's sure thing, ignore what the world worships. The world's a huge stockpile of God-wonders and God thoughts.Nothing and no one comes close to you!


I start talking about you, telling what I know, and quickly run out of words. Neither numbers or words account for you.




Doing something for you, bringing something to you, bringing something to you-thats not what you are after. Being religious,acting pious-thats not what you're asking for. Youve opened my ears so I can listen. So I answered 'I am coming'.


I am a mess. I am nothing and have nothing: make something of me. You can do it; you've got what it takes- but God dont put it off.



part of Psalm 40 from The Message



1 comment:

  1. Its good to remember that He lifts us out of the mud . Anybody walking the beach towards the Brigg see the huge cliff falls .Saw an unsuspecting lady step into the mud and sink deeply up past her ankles . Help was needed to pull her out .
    It is also good to remember that we are a mess. Come and wash the mud off . Be patient when we sink in the mud . Please be patient with us and keep rescuing us .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...