Thursday, 24 January 2013

Mali-ko

In the Times today is a 2piece spread on the music of Mali in the Arts Section of Times 2.  Responding to the take over by islamist militants in the North of the country , and  the resulting conflict where even the freedom  of musicians has caused them to flee to the south ,an attempted cultural fightback has begun. 

'Last week the organisers of the Glastonbury Festival announced that they would invite a host of Malian performers to play at this year's festival. And this week , as French warplanes bombed targets in Northern Mali, and the eyes of the world were focused on the terrorist attack on the Algerian gas plant,more than 40 of Mali's leading musicians announced the release of a Band Aid-style song of unity and protest . The supergroup, Voices United for Mali, has released Mali-Ko (Peace) featuring such renowned performers as Amadou & Mariam, Bassekou Kouyate and Vieux Farka Toure,son of Ali Farka Toure.'







Yesterday I spent a day learning all sorts of apps and techniques to use to help the efficiency of our Parish Twitter, and Parish Facebook. Organised by Celebrate North Yorkshire with  funding from Create (Scarborough) ,Defra, Leader and the EU .

One of the things I have really missed in the last year or so since the Parish began its presence on the internet(2008-see our Archive) is the encouragement of other techies , and the learning of new skills . I miss chatting things through with Brian, and am grateful for Petes willingness to troubleshoot, but miss  Simons out of the box thinking and up to the mark knowledge. I try for you, I really do! You probably think I do a great job , but there is so much more I could learn and do. A Wordpress Blog for instance would be more efficient, but at present I just havent the guts to go it alone. (I am praying for more labourers in the Vinyard!) Don't get me wrong, I love  to do the blog, and Twitter and Facebook. This One person however needs a team , who knows what rubbish I could be talking about. I need mentoring too for all our sakes. 

So yesterday I was able to meet more Christians , who are nearby and doing the same job as me, from Sherburn , and Buckrose Benefice. Now I have more  sharing circles.

I have already made a change on Twitter-see if you can spot it and let me know.
And next, I am going to try and get into Pinterest. It might make picture sharing with and for you much more interesting , and you can  join in too.

AND I will remind u all that I did 3 online Twitter lessons and promised you a 4th. So Now I know all about 'lists ' ,I'll  do it asap.

Here is Rosie Cammish's blog post again with links at the bottom to my 3 Twitter Lessons





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...