Thursday, 27 December 2012

Waiting for the fall of Isengard............

.........or did I miss it when I went to get a cup of tea?
When spouses mother and friends walked along the promenade from Brighton to Hove  they would have a laugh and talk 'posh' when they got to the monument marking the boundary. Similarly a Filey friend who works in Hunmanby says that the people in the village are' posher'.
Whatever distinctions there may be between accents and social standing of tribal groups in Yorkshire and West Sussex there is no doubt that I would never be an ORC.
I am having a Lord of the Rings TV Fest. I will not be diverted from it. I am not enjoying it as much as I would in the comfort of my own home. I have not got my Middle Earth Atlas with me, or my Dictionary of Tolkien Place Names or my map. But I am grateful that the rest of the family are humouring me .
You know I am looking forward to seeing 'The Hobbit', as I have posted on that before, and yes it is on in Brighton. I shall wait for the DVD,and enjoy it with the necessary accompaniments.


So what are you all doing? Have you run out of turkey yet? Is Filey busy ? Are you waiting like me for  Saturday nights 'Return of the King' or is HE here already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...