Sunday, 6 May 2012

Filey, Faith, Future


As regular readers will know, I am a regular visitor to Filey and find it to be a place of relaxation and refreshment.  But most of all, over the years, it is a place where my family have been welcomed and fed by the church leaders and people at St John's and St Oswalds. 

Through times of personal ill-health and a variety of family difficulties I have been sustained and supported by the prayers of Filey friends and spiritual leaders.  This has enabled me to return to home and work as a Reader with new energy and vigour. 

I give thanks for this and pray that as Filey parish faces a time of change as it anticipates the appointment of its new Vicar, you will be very conscious that God is guiding the prayers and preparation.  I pray too that the decision of who to appoint will be clear and will lead to a time of growing together and growing in outreach to those who have yet to find their home in Christ.

God bless you all.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure everyone who knows Rachel and Robert will agree that 'regular visitors to Filey' is not how we perceive them!
    Personally I think of you as part of our Family who just happen to be mostly somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...