Monday, 30 April 2012

Would Jesus have been on Twitter?

DR Bex Lewis
I've known the City of Leeds all my life. As a teenager it was the place of exciting clothes shops, and escalators going down as well as up. As a student it was the place of second hand book shops, as an adult the home of Opera North,and a great riverside walk.


 Last Saturday it was a place of learning for me. Spouse and I had to leave the house  before 7am to get the Leeds train from Scarborough. The river was very high at Malton.
Megacentre at Hope City Church  was the venue for the conference Reaching out in a Digital Age



'This day is aimed at those in church leadership and individuals who want to harness the power of new and emerging media for the kingdom of God.' 


This is what it called itself so you can see how it appealed to me! It did not disappoint.


1 Corinthians 9
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. 

This was the text to kick start the day in answer to the question 'Would Jesus have been on Twitter? Yes he would have been, and St Peter definitely would have been!


I had heard  Dr Bex Lewis  of CODEC @drbexl speak before . I am always a bit niggled when people make a lot of their DR in their  appellations  but I need to get over it. Dr Lewis  is a good speaker, enthusiastic, real and keen to get us all to be #digidisciples.

The training day was sponsored By @yesHEiscom Yes HE is-a fantastic resource . I'd never heard of it before, Check it out.

Bryony Taylor @vahva was an encourager and teacher. I'd seen and infact used all the vids she showed us.That  helped me no end! I am getting something right . We as a Parish are up and running on Twitter and Facebook(just) but I realised that a TEAM would make much more sense running them than  just  me.  I am praying for a team. I promise I  really can be in one!(Team has no I in it)


From Kevin Bennett@/kevinleebennett  I realised that all @simonrudiger talked about in 2008 now made sense to me!! Simon thank you that we listened to your wisdom and experience. And to think I wanted a portal where you clicked into the site! I had seen Sparklehorse's website and loved it. Now I see why you suggested that the first lent blogposts all started Filey Parish blogging for Lent. It was to help with our SEO (Search Engine optimisation). 

So I'm going to finish this post with another SEO Exercise  . 

I have had to stop watching BBC 1 's Silent Witness. This series is too bloodthirsty and violent . Colin and I both think so. Tonight we watched the Crime drama on ITV instead. It was boring .Next week we might have got the DVD player from Kiaora moved to this our new home. We shall watch Lord of the Rings  or an Ealing Comedy. 
HOWEVER , Nothing but nothing will stop me watching 'The Bridge',my dose of nordic melencholy. 


I'll explain the reason for that out of context paragraph in another post.Keep reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...