Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Filey Parish People blog in Holy Week :Tuesday -Emily Finch(2)

Lent has been such a time of growth for me this year.

I guess I didn't set myself a specific challenge, like giving something up or taking on a new thing. I've just tried (and often failed) to listen to God about areas in my life which need to change and places where I need to give things over to him more.

This has been such a learning process.

However, something else which has really struck me this Lent is the desperation in this world for the message of CHRIST.

Is it important that people hear? Is it important that they hear that Lent is more than a time to challenge ourselves, but also a time to be thinking about what God has sacrificed for us?

Each day, are we stepping out into the world with the mindset that our friends, families, communities NEED to hear that Christ loves them and wants more than anything to be in relationship with them?

This Lent and Easter, how can we spread the FANTASTIC news of Christ - 'the way, the truth and the life' ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...