Thursday, 29 March 2012

Filey Parish People blog in Lent Day 37:Margaret (2)

Its Day 37 today and the first day when no one has actually sent me a post . When Lent Blogs were first done on this website in 2009  just the Website Team of Brian, Pete, Simon and I took turns to write a post. In 2010 we  , or more correctly I ,strong armed people in the Parish to write a few lines on the Psalms set for the day in the Lectionary. Last year with just me holding the website baby during Lent I posted Archbishop Sentamu's Lent Posts straight  and unashamedly from the York Diocesan Website. This year has been altogether different. This Blog In Lent has been a collaboration led entirely by the Holy Spirit.
Mary agreed to letting the Blog posts be open for anyone to scribe, for them to be sent to me to post . The Pew sheets were used for advertising  and inviting posts, all members of the PCC present at  the February meeting   got a personal invitation do do a post and then no more has been said at all. 
My Lent has been a lesson in trusting the Lord . I have felt it right not to ask anyone for a post but just wait to see who was listening to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I have agonized so many times and said to Colin I have not got a post for tomorrow I will have to ask some one. He has always said
'just wait and see, and if no one sends you one, just post the Psalm set for the day!'


So here is the psalm set for the Day (Morning Prayer). It has been chosen for you all by the best of all defaults the Holy Spirit Himself
Psalm 40 
1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
 2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
 3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. read on here KJV


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...