Sunday, 18 March 2012

Filey Parish People blog in Lent: Day26 Sue Bruce

Drop thy still dews of quietness , til all our strivings cease ………………………


Have you got a good friend who may quietly rebuke you or quietly encourage you ?
I have a friend Josie , who has done both of these. I have been getting in a fret with things going round and round my head before I went to help my daughter move house ! I was planning scenarios and looking for problems before they even happened ! Its all done now and was worth the very hard work !

 Then Josie sent me this text :
Here is a prayer for you :

Calm me Lord as you calmed the storm,
Still me ,Lord, Keep me from harm .
Let all the tumult within me cease ,
Enfold me ,Lord ,in your peace .


You can use this for praying for others too ,by substituting their name in place of 'me'
So thank you , friend ! I hope that you too can have friends who bring a word just when you need it .


Bless our Mothers Today ( Sue is second from left)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...