Sunday, 11 March 2012

Filey Parish people blog in Lent :Day 19 Ben Jenkinson

I have been quite busy recently, in fact I always seem to be busy!  Much of the time I feel blessed to have a "good" job which gives me a sense of purpose and gives me the opportunity to make a difference (hopefully positive) in my organisation. However, sometimes I feel exhausted and drained of all energy and positivity and just want to find a quiet corner and be alone. So finding time in Lent is always a challenge. Ash Wednesday seems always to creep up on me unawares.
This Lent I am determined to try and find some time to give to God and suspend all the other agendas (Father, Son, Husband, employee, Manager, co worker, PCC member, friend, member of charity cttee, Chairman of X etc etc )



Just You and me Lord





Here is my favourite prayer for this Lent

"Father,
I abandon myself into your hands.
Do with me whatever you will.
Whatever you may do I thank you.
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me and all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul.
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart.
For I love you Lord and so need to give it myself,
I surrender myself into your hands without reserve
and with boundless confidence
for you are my Father

Amen

Charles de Foucauld (1858-1916)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...