Tuesday, 21 February 2012

An Insomnia Blog post...

My cyberfriend Daydreamer and I are no strangers to insomnia. I have blogged several times in the small hours. Daydreamer  has reminded me in her comments that what I write it may be greyish prose in the light of day. I am sitting here downstairs  . I have accidentally put both my Dressing Gowns in the Air Ambulance Bin near the Library in a moving house and therefore getting rid bout , so am wearing a thick fleece  and my thermals.
In the middle of the night all my anxieties seem real. 
Trevor and Jonny
  • We will need a new buyer for the house
  • No one will e mail me a Lent blogpost until Maundy Thursday or know where Kiaora is
  • People will put their Lent blogs through the letterbox of the Gold River, and it will be thrown away as Junk Mail
  • The photos on the Parish Profile will  not have enough contrast
  • Th only people to apply will  want to bring back the pews at St Johns

Reason is kicking in. I am remembering the  Sunday morning Communion Service . Something began on Sunday. It started as Trevor read the Gospel. There was a power in the words as he read them so beautifully.
The story of the Transfiguration did something to many of us. I was  humbled and transfixed by Marys sermon, her reproofs about her disappointment about our lack of Prayer ,Her  certainty that we may be transformed if we let the Holy Spirit work in our lives. Text messages have been buzzing between members of our home group ever since.

Marilyn got it just right-she texted this verse from 2 Corinthians 12  to me. I am remembering it in the watches of this long long  night.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

And I am remembering that as I am  awake , that @Liturgy in Christchurch New Zealand is up and eating pancakes, and our Lay Reader Sue is getting dressed for dinner in California, not pancakes until tomorrow . Gods Blessings on them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...