My cyberfriend Daydreamer and I are no strangers to insomnia. I have blogged several times in the small hours. Daydreamer has reminded me in her comments that what I write it may be greyish prose in the light of day. I am sitting here downstairs . I have accidentally put both my Dressing Gowns in the Air Ambulance Bin near the Library in a moving house and therefore getting rid bout , so am wearing a thick fleece and my thermals.
In the middle of the night all my anxieties seem real.
|Trevor and Jonny|
- We will need a new buyer for the house
- No one will e mail me a Lent blogpost until Maundy Thursday or know where Kiaora is
- People will put their Lent blogs through the letterbox of the Gold River, and it will be thrown away as Junk Mail
- The photos on the Parish Profile will not have enough contrast
- Th only people to apply will want to bring back the pews at St Johns
Reason is kicking in. I am remembering the Sunday morning Communion Service . Something began on Sunday. It started as Trevor read the Gospel. There was a power in the words as he read them so beautifully.
The story of the Transfiguration did something to many of us. I was humbled and transfixed by Marys sermon, her reproofs about her disappointment about our lack of Prayer ,Her certainty that we may be transformed if we let the Holy Spirit work in our lives. Text messages have been buzzing between members of our home group ever since.
Marilyn got it just right-she texted this verse from 2 Corinthians 12 to me. I am remembering it in the watches of this long long night.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.