Sunday, 26 February 2012

I should have trusted

This morning the format for the family service was DIFFERENT.
During the sermon Mary asked us to walk around the church and  try the prepared  activities  for a while. Very @simonrudiger and Parish Sundae, but doing away with my  formal sit down  time and be talked to time  No Thanks! 
 I was threatened at first by the idea that I would have to leave my seat and wander around. I needn't have worried of course, I did one activity and then talked to Bob aged 96 about how I couldn't hear ! Oh dear I am deafer than I thought. Anyway I came away with a piece of paper reminding me that showing the fruits of the Spirit sometimes has to be worked at. I picked up GENTLENESS , as I am lacking in that direction big time. One person has already suggested, jokingly I might add ,that had  I goaded them into doing a piece for the Lent Blog. I looked up Goaded

goadedpast participle, past tense of goad (Verb)

Verb:
  1. Provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.
  2. Drive or urge (an animal) on with a goad.

so I am duly humbled.
I have just sat down and uploaded the next 7 offerings  . They all made me very emotional. By the time I got to David Midgleys one for 7th March I was crying . I have been so worried about asking for blog offerings.  A foretaste of March 7th cant wait


Matthew 11:28-30
New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


So if this is for you BELIEVE IT!

This has a happy ending , I must tell Bob that the reason we couldn't hear this morning was because there were no batteries in the microphone. I'm not a deaf as I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...