Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Would you like a raffle ticket ?

The new Health Lottery,is branded as' Profiteering on the back of Charities. '

So  said Stephen Bubb, recently knighted for his services to Charity Fund raising's ACEVO. He seems to know much about the new Health Lottery , having worked for the Lottery Charities Board as its first director of Personnel, so is a fine one to talk. 

I did buy  lottery tickets once. I joined in with every one else at work in the weekly 'cross ones fingers and hope '.
I haven't bought so much as a raffle ticket for many years now, because I started asking myself should a Christian Church raise money at all in this way?

So as far as I am concerned I don't do tombolas,Coffee Mornings, Mission fayres or Fun days where one has to part with cash . An investigation into the financial well being of Christian Churches might well bring some surprises, as those who live by Faith are seen to do no more than seek God, pray it in, fast , tithe and trust in the God who owns all the cattle on a thousand hills.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...