Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Through all the changing scenes of life ....


There are times when the challenges of life seem overwhelming. One calamity is piled on top of another. But we have hope in God. We need not be afraid.

His promise to the Israelites:

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you. (Isaiah 43)

I love the song version of this passage:

When you pass through the water I will be with you,
And the waves they will not overtake you.
Do not fear for I have redeemed you.
I have called you by name.
You are mine.
(Hillsong)

Jesus made similar promises to all people:


He said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6 NKJV)

So when the storms of life hit us, we can take strength from His promises and know that we are upheld by his loving arms.
Amen. Come Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Amen ! Come , Lord , Come .
    This was perfect timing as my heart went out to family members who had one thing piling up upon another .
    Thank you .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...