Saturday, 14 May 2011

A Quiet day for the PCC


Our  PCC Quiet Day at Ensleigh Convent Filey Today

Only Malcolm is missing from this pic of some of the PCC at the Endsleigh Convent Filey  today. He took the picture. But I shall either Gimp him in  or display his face with those of the other missing members in a neat out of body line at the top. We are determined that we shall make sure everyone know our names. We are just your representatives ,Parishioners of Filey Parish , on the PCC and some on Deanery Synod. As soon as Christian Aid week is over  names and faces will grace the Notice board in the Parish Hall at St Johns. 
One of the blessings of the recent one venue Sunday Morning Services has been the way we have all been getting to know more members of the Church Family. I have said 'Good Morning' to people in the  Filey streets  for 20 years and only just got to know some of their names.  When I was teaching I  knew the names of a hundred children in a year group. It was part of my job. Now until there is a revival in Filey Parish and hundreds are added to our number daily I for one am going to learn some more names. 

So join me -How many of us do YOU know all ready?

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.  For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
 Isaiah 43:1-3



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...