Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Love and bad attitudes

God has been speaking to me this week about being like a little child. He has also brought to my attention many of my bad attitudes in previous churches. I think particularly of the drummer in one church. Forgive me for my negative thoughts and comments to others, as you bashed at your drumkit with such childlike enthusiasm for God. I should never have judged you as I did.

The religious people (Pharisees) of Jesu's time were deceitful, envious, slanderous and hypocritical. They had interpreted God's Laws into petty traditions about outward appearances. For instance, the right dress code and how to worship in the proper tradition. This was fine if they had just kept their own observances but they judged others for not being like them.

Ultimately the self righteous pontifications of the religious led to Jesus being shamed, ridiculed, spat upon, whipped, beaten and subjected to the most agonising torture ever devised by man. Not only was he rejected but he took upon himself voluntarily, all the punishment that should have been the lot of us believers.

I repent of all my 'religious attitudes' of feeling superior to people who are equally loved by God. Of sometimes being too fond of arid theological argument, that isn't in pursuit of Love; the Love of God a God who is seen best in the example of his Son, who once died for us and is now Alive again.

P.S. Just after I wrote the above blog, my scheduled bible reading for the day was Matthew 23: 1-39 - Have a read

1 comment:

  1. A lovely song which acknowledges this but assures us of God's love is:

    Seek ye first the kingdom of God
    And his righteousness
    And all these things shall be added unto you
    Allelu..alleluia

    Man shall not live by bread alone
    but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
    Allelu..alleluia

    Ask and it shall be given unto you
    Seek and ye shall find
    Knock and it shall be opened unto you
    Allelu, allleluia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...