Thursday, 21 April 2011

Lent teaches us ... hope!

Today's bible reading summarises our hope in the Lord, Jesus Christ.


“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (NIV)


As we prepare yet again to remember His betrayal and desertiion, we give thanks that Jesus himself never gave up hope: hope of eternal life; hope for His mission; hope for those who had failed him; hope for the whole of the human race.


As we read again in our newspapers, and see in all too graphic detail on our screens, the cruelty and shame of fighting, selfishness and disasters across the world, we turn again to Jesus, asking His forgiveness for ourselves, for the Christian Church, and for all people.


This Easter, after the failure of mankind to quench God's love, we turn to Him again in hope that we can become better followers and kinder people in the days ahead. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...