Sunday, 6 March 2011

What a joy.......

Spring Flowers on  Stone Altar at  St Oswalds today

We were all heartened this morning at St Oswalds at the Baptism of James and Alice Fenby. As Claire and Jason and all their families and friends are celebrating , and enjoying the bonus of a  truly Spring Day we, those in the Church Family promised that we would 'uphold them' . This we have promised to do, together with all the other children and their families that have been  brought  to the Parish Church  to receive the sacrament of Baptism. 
James and Alice will easily be spotted around Filey in their Double Chariot.

I was going to upload a video of Webster Booth singing my favourite aria from Elijah, but after hearing the BBC Sunday Programme(Download here) this morning on Radio 4 talking about the C of E shrinking and wrinkling I thought that most of you would not be old enough to know about Webster Booth. So I will leave you with the Bible Verse  that Mary's wonderful and inspired sermon today reminded me of.

"Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

Jeremiah29:12-13(The Message)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...