Friday, 25 June 2010

Weakness and Groans a speciality

Have you ever had one of those moments where you want God's Guidance, you want to follow Him, but your'e not sure of the direction.In the modern World's terminology my son is 'between careers' and when I was talking to him yesterday, we ended up being entirely confused about the way ahead.



In my usual spirit of reckless abandonment, I then sought guidance for the
day by typing 'daily worship' into Google and found the following verse of the
day on one of the many such sites:

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

Romans 8:26 (NIV)

The preceding verses help to further illustrate the point with their talk of the Creation "...groaning as in the pains of childbirth ..." and of a hidden hope. The beautiful photographs found in our blog recently, show us God's Creation in all it's wonder, but my understanding is that even nature is messed up and in pain until Jesus returns.

I hope that one day I will see Jesus, through faith I believe it. In the meantime as I seek for what to pray for in my imperfect way, help is at hand, with the promise that one day things will be different, Paul who wrote Romans also wrote:

12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face....

1 Cor. 13:12(a) (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...