Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Home from the vets

I met Tom as I was taking a picture of John Sellars our devoted  Filey gardener (SBC). It is so hot , and has been so for 5 days that he is having to water the newly planted  bedding plants.  This year they are all hot reds and yellows.
 
 I had clocked the California Poppies near the vet and noted that they self seed every year and look fantastic in the sun. Tom said I ought to call and look at his lobster pot planted up and I am so glad I did. I have known Tom and Sylvia  since 1992 when they lived next door to us in Queen Street.  Now we have both moved nearer to the shops and I was glad to stroll through the courtyard of the flats before arriving home from my trip to the vet, where I was making an appointment for our cat  Samson. 
At the courtyard  Sylvia and Olive were sitting enjoying the sun, and so pleased show me their lovely garden in pots.  So thank you -I loved it.  Tom is growing potatoes in pots, runner beans and tomatoes, and his lobster pot of violas welcomes all . Olive wanted me to see her  prolific Clematis ,and I saw a red Rose, and fragrant Pinks

I had then a chat with Nancy, and thought what a treat in our little corner of old Filey all the lovingly planted pots actually are. The Launderette and the Pub also had brightened up my walk home.


Home after such a lovely morning which started at ST Oswalds at 9am , topping up the water in the  vases, then Morning Prayer in the West Room; then finishing with bargains in the greengrocers (meaning that I got 2 aubergines, 2 limes,  a pineapple and 2 peppers for 90p ) I feel ready for my 90mins of vuvuzelas this afternoon.
'with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn—
       shout for joy before the LORD, the King.
Psalm 98 NIV
90 mins of vuvuzelas over and we're through!  Good job Parish Sundae is not next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...