Thursday, 3 June 2010

The highs and lows ...

I have just returned from holiday in Austria, and my constant companion during my time there was the hymn "How Great Thou Art".

From standing gazing in awe at the highest mountain in Austria - the Grossglockner - on a perfect cloudless day ...


... to discovering the tiniest little flower in the undergrowth ...




... from gawping in wonder at the creative gifts God has given to man ...



... to listening to the dawn chorus ... (daily at 4 am!!!! - no picture!) ...

Then sings my soul

my Saviour God to thee:

how great thou art,

how great thou art!

Returning home to find that a dear friend - a very sprightly 80+ - had gone into heart failure and was sinking fast, I was so glad to go back again to this hymn:

When Christ shall come
with shout of acclamation,
and take me home,
what joy shall fill my heart

and know absolutely that Dorothy is in safe hands.

Please pray for her as she makes her final journey to her Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...