Friday, 28 May 2010

Young Men


Listening to the radio this morning I heard something that did not surprise me, "one in six Christian young men feel uncomfortable in Church."


Now I don't claim to be a young man anymore but i can just about remember! I can also remember going to church at St. Oswald's, St John's and Trinity (Methodist Church) and feeling, well, awkward. In addition being relatively shy and quiet the thought of going and being with a whole group of older people i did not know very well was quite a huge disincentive to go in the first place.


The point I am making is that if it is hard for Christian youth to come to church how much harder is it for potential Christian youth? Answering this question will take more than a short blog, however, perhaps part of the answer lies in the newly re-launched Parish Sundae (formerly cafe church) which is planned for the second Sunday in St. John's at 5pm.


I just opened the June edition of the Filey Envoy and a vibrant leaflet describing the activities fell out. It is very exciting and I am very much looking forward to going to the first ever Parish Sundae on my 45th birthday. Definitely not a young man anymore!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...