Friday, 16 April 2010

Laptop Woes

Since the beginning of April access to the internet has been more difficult because the graphics card on my trusty 3-year old laptop has died. My last fiddle with it made the screen go completely white!



That is my excuse for a lack of posts; but I am blessed in having a son-in-law who is a computer engineer and he was able to retrieve my hard disc and make it into an external drive.
Yesterday I received a brand new laptop and here is a picture of my files being retrieved from my old computer via the external drive.


This makes me think of how we are born anew in Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the
   old has gone, the new has come!
It also reminds me of the new body we will have at the resurrection of the dead
1 Corinthians 15:42  So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body
   that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;
 43 it is sown in dishonour, it is raised in glory; it is sown
    in weakness, it is raised in power;
 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
    If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
I can see my hard disc like a soul, the old laptop like the old body and the new laptop like the new body, symbolising the Christian's soul and spirit transferred from the old body to the new.

3 comments:

  1. Great Post Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a 'State of the art' blog Brian. I've been in the same position with my old PC and it does seem miraculous doesn't it when all those precious files you thought might have been lost forever are suddenly safe and sound again, in a 'new body' as you say. A great analogy. Congratulations on your new purchase. Lets all pray that you will continue your relationship where you left off, that it remains stable and runs along at a good speed and that there are no crashes along the way. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pause for thought, Brian. This thought should be discovered by all those surfers out there !One day my hard drive will be in a brand new laptop (or in my case,whatever my son gives me). At least His son will give me a brand new laptop!
    Many thanks, Brian.
    Looking forward to your next blog especially if its birds that you have spotted!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...