Wednesday, 21 April 2010

How big is our God?

I sometimes think we limit God by trying to understand his actions in human terms. When we pray we often tend to tell him our solution to problems, rather than asking him to bless people and situations in his own way. And yet our God is so great that there is no way we can comprehend the enormity of his being, his power, his love, his plan for the world.

From time to time it is good to stand back and contemplate with awe the works of his hands and the unsearchability of his master plan ... and then commit ourselves afresh to his loving care knowing that, however hard we find it to believe, he is constantly soaking us in his love and always has our best interests at heart.

Psalm 66
1 Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth!
2 Sing about the glory of his name!
Tell the world how glorious he is.
3 Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!
Your enemies cringe before your mighty power.
4 Everything on earth will worship you;
they will sing your praises,
shouting your name in glorious songs.”
5 Come and see what our God has done,
what awesome miracles he performs for people!

8 Let the whole world bless our God
and loudly sing his praises.
9 Our lives are in his hands,
and he keeps our feet from stumbling.
10 You have tested us, O God;
you have purified us like silver.

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God,
and I will tell you what he did for me.
17 For I cried out to him for help,
praising him as I spoke.
18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.
19 But God did listen!
He paid attention to my prayer.
20 Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer
or withdraw his unfailing love from me.

Be still for the presence of the Lord, the Holy One is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...