Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Election Fever

It is only day 2 of the election campaign and I have to confess I am excited. I accept I may be in a minority and that politics is not currently in vogue, however, my biggest fear is that people will abstain from the political process and apathy will be the only winner.

We take for granted our freedom to worship God but perhaps we should remember fellow Christians in some parts of the World who do not have that freedom and even worse are persecuted and murdered for their belief.

It is our duty to engage in the democratic process to preserve our long held freedoms for future generations. For those of you who would like some Christian context the Church of England website has a general election section.

http:www.cofe.anglican.org/generalelection/church.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...