Friday, 26 March 2010

Filey Parish 40 Days and Nights, Day 38: The Lord is my fortress in adversity


Psalm 18: 1-6

1  I love you, O LORD, my strength.

2  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
 my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
 He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
 and I am saved from my enemies.

4  The cords of death entangled me;
 the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
 the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called to the LORD;
 I cried to my God for help.
 From his temple he heard my voice;
 my cry came before him, into his ears.

I have had to cope with much adversity and tragedy in my life, the worst being losing my precious son, Mark, to cancer at the tender age of 3½ years. Today is his birthday. How have I managed? This Psalm talks about God’s protection and how He is a fortress and shield. I truly believe with all my heart that God has been with me all the time even though Satan has tried to persuade me otherwise. Just because you are a Christian, it does not mean that life is going to be a bed of roses. You still have to face what life throws at you; but God will uphold you and He remains faithful. Trust Him. He will never let you down. In spite of all the adversity God has showered me with His blessings. I have a wonderful husband who has supported me over the last 18 years and three amazing, loving children whom I am immensely proud of. Praise God!

Anita Bielby

2 comments:

  1. Parish Twitter @FileyParish has had a message thanking you for this post Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about this project is we as a Church are sharing ourselves and getting to know one another much better. I feel genuinely humbled on a daily basis by the wonderful faith of my fellow Church members.

    Thank you Anita and everyone for your posts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...