Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Filey Parish 40 Days and Nights, Day 35. Groans of the prisoner

Psalm 102 is a psalm for those who suffer (v.2,3,20) with a message of hope (vv.16-22). I have included a screenshot from the game “Dragon Age”. It shows a character I played put in prison because of a false accusation. In some countries many Christians are in prison for their faith often as a result of a false accusation. They need our prayers! We can also be prisoners to our own sins but when we cry for help God hears us. We, the church, can take encouragement from this psalm because we are the new Israel and the new Zion.(Romans 9:8)



Psalm 102
 A prayer of an afflicted man. When he is faint and pours out
 his lament before the LORD.

1  Hear my prayer, O LORD;
 let my cry for help come to you.
2 Do not hide your face from me
 when I am in distress.
 Turn your ear to me;
 when I call, answer me quickly.

3  For my days vanish like smoke;
 my bones burn like glowing embers.

16 For the LORD will rebuild Zion
 and appear in his glory.
17 He will respond to the prayer of the destitute;
 he will not despise their plea.

18  Let this be written for a future generation,
 that a people not yet created may praise the LORD:
19 "The LORD looked down from his sanctuary on high,
 from heaven he viewed the earth,
20 to hear the groans of the prisoners
 and release those condemned to death."
21 So the name of the LORD will be declared in Zion
 and his praise in Jerusalem
22 when the peoples and the kingdoms
 assemble to worship the LORD.

2 comments:

  1. Its 1 am, now Tuesday and I cant sleep as I am anxious and even though I have lifted my prayer to the Lord, here I am ,still anxious. So belatedly, I go to read the blog.Verse 1 and 2: Turn your ear to me,when I am in distress,answer me quickly...
    I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone,Lord, makes me dwell in safety.(Ps 4 v8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister ,I hope you are rested now. I conversely I have slept all night without once waking-that is a rare treat for me. And Brian -your best post ever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...