Monday, 15 March 2010

Filey Parish 40 Days and Nights , Day 27 You turned my sorrow into dancing

This psalm speaks to me so much of my own life.  As I read it again it almost shouts at me!
Verses 1-3  -  Twice in my life I have called on the Lord to heal me, and twice in my life He has!
V 4 says,'Sing to the Lord you saints of His'  so, in thankfulness and praise, I sang.  I sang my praises in church, in music groups, and sang along to Christian songs on my own.  I love to sing praises.  One of my Christian CDs has a track entitled, 'Blessed be the name of the Lord.'   When it's one of those moments when I can so clearly see God's hand on my life I put on this song, and sing and dance around the room, getting completely caught up in worship. At other times, when I'm feeling low and worried, and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I still praise Him but the dancing is rather less energetic!  God still honours my praises. As it says in V5, ' Weeping may come for a night, but joy comes in the morning!'  -something I have found to be true so many times. 
Verses11 - 12 say 'He turned my wailing into dancing, he removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, so that my heart may sing (and dance) to You and not be silent!'
O Lord my God, I will give You thanks for ever!.'

Just excuse me, I feel a praise session coming on!!

Shiela

1 comment:

  1. YES! YES! YES!
    I'm off to work now with a lightness of spirit and about to burst into song! Yes! He's turned my mourning into dancing! He's healed my wounds! He keeps healing my body.
    Oh yes! I'm off to work full of joy and dancing!
    Thank you ,Lord.x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...