Friday, 12 March 2010

Filey Parish 40 Days and Nights, Day 24

Here is a video of a song based on Psalm 81 especially the bit in v.7 about God’s presence being demonstrated in a thundercloud.


Psalm 81: 6-10,13,16

6  He says, "I removed the burden from their shoulders;
 their hands were set free from the basket.
7 In your distress you called and I rescued you,
 I answered you out of a thundercloud;
 I tested you at the waters of Meribah.
 Selah

8  "Hear, O my people, and I will warn you --
 if you would but listen to me, O Israel!
9 You shall have no foreign god among you;
 you shall not bow down to an alien god.
10 I am the LORD your God,
 who brought you up out of Egypt.
 Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

13  "If my people would but listen to me,
 if Israel would follow my ways,
16 But you would be fed with the finest of wheat;
 with honey from the rock I would satisfy you." 

Brian

1 comment:

  1. Brian and Ellie ,FileyParish twitter has received 2 @FileyParishes saying thanks for your posts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...