Sunday, 7 March 2010

Filey Parish 40 Days and Nights: Day 19 - God's Love to Us

Psalm 63 (Contemporary English Version)

1. You are my God. I worship you.
In my heart, I long for you,
as I would long for a stream in a scorching desert.

2. I have seen your power and your glory
in the place of worship.

3. Your love means more than life to me,
and I praise you.

4. As long as I live, I will pray to you.

5. I will sing joyful praises
and be filled with excitement
like a guest at a banquet.

6. I think about you before I go to sleep,
and my thoughts turn to you during the night.

7. You have helped me,
and I sing happy songs in the shadow of your wings.

8. I stay close to you,
and your powerful arm supports me.

9. All who want to kill me will end up in the ground.

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard my people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.

Finest bread I will provide,
'Til their hearts be satisfied.
I will give my life to them.
Whom shall I send?

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

God’s love can see us through all the ups and downs of life –
if only we will ask him, trust him to be with us -
and keep turning to him for strength and hope.

Trust is not always easy –
it is something I personally have struggled with –
but yet, deep down, I know that God is the only true firm foundation.

Have you been aware of him “calling in the night”?


God calls to us in love. How do we respond?

Rachel White

1 comment:

  1. V3 Your love means more to me than life.
    What a thought.
    Ian White sings this Psalm ,almost word for word in his Psalms albums. It is good to play them sometimes and let Gods word wash over you. Then we can go on to sing ;Here I am Lord !
    So this Sunday I can sing and then be quiet and listen for Him calling.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...