Monday, 22 March 2010

Filey parish 40 days and 40 nights Day 34

Psalm 23



Psalm 23.


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures.

He leads me beside still waters.

He restores my soul.

He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


I love this psalm, it reminds me of the fundamentals of my faith:

Jesus is my personal God and Saviour.

Jesus is my righteousness and I can do nothing to earn God's favour, accept by believing in Him.

No matter how hard it can get, God has the right plan for my life. Whether I feel like it in the moments of stress and confusion.

God does not leave us wanting, He provides everything for us in His Son. This is perfect for lent, today I hope we all focus on allowing God to satisfy us completely and wholly and not let our flesh or the Devil tell us otherwise.

Here is a youtube video of an amazing song, which describe's God loves for us.

God bless you,

David


3 comments:

  1. Thanks David for finding that poignant and moving video-and your words too. A positive start to a very busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thought-He MAKES me lie down in green pastures. Sometimes the shepherd has to push a lamb down so that it rests. Have you ever had a time of incapacity? Perhaps the Lord is making you rest. Why?
    To RESTORE your soul !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...