Saturday, 27 February 2010

Filey Parish 40 Days and Nights , Day 11 Lead me in your footsteps

Lead me Saviour in your footsteps,
in the turmoil of my failings,
in the tangle of my sin,
Stir my conscience by your Spirit,
strengthen me to watch and pray.


Ancient Steps in Jerusalem (by probable site of  High Priests house), where scholars think Jesus might actually have trod.

 Psalm 119vv1-8

' Aleph
 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.  2
Blessed are they who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart.
 3 They do nothing wrong;
       they walk in his ways.
 4 You have laid down precepts                                                       
       that are to be fully obeyed.
 5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
       in obeying your decrees!
 6 Then I would not be put to shame
       when I consider all your commands.
 7 I will praise you with an upright heart
       as I learn your righteous laws.
 8 I will obey your decrees;
       do not utterly forsake me.


                                                                                                                                                    David

4 comments:

  1. David-positive comments about your blog post via Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of 'Our Town'. Well done.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heartened to see a picture of my Dad here on the website, and a lovely hymn whose words I have just seen on my son's bedroom wall led me to search for it; a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And love to you from Filey. Saw Betty and David the other day, they each read a lesson last Sunday, your mother and my husband Colin take Communion to the Nursing Homes together. Had visit yesterday from Archbishop Sentamu on his pilgrimage around the diocese. See Filey Parish Facebook if you or your children are on it !

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...