Wednesday, 16 December 2009

He will remind you of all the things I have told you..

This run up to Christmas has been different from other years in our household. We thought we had better put our money where our mouths were and go on the POSADA rota. Last year  Liz organized it for the first time in our Parish so when she asked this year for homes to welcome the Mary/Joseph/LLama (donkey type ahh!cribset  figure)for one night and then take it to another home we thought we ought to join in.  We dont want to be negative towards new ideas.  I am always reminding myself as I grumble to spouse that  we don't have  sung canticles any more,or enough  psalms, that neither do we have to stand in services, or freeze in winter as they must have done  in the 1700's. Christingles are now mainstream , so why not the Posada?
When the rota arrived, with 24 names for 24 Advent homes for the Posada Cribset, my heart sunk , I dont know either of these people with whom I have to share a prayer ,

Of course I should not have worried, as the HS had gone on ahead and planned perfectly.
 
Of course I knew Ann,just not her surname, She is Sarah's Mum, but I know her better now. She is Ann her own right, an experienced professional , outward looking young thinking Ann The Grandsons took a passing interest in the tealight candle, but a sustained interest in the mincepies.
The next day, with just two, soon to be three Reuben ,we went to see Lucy. She didn't mind Reuben calling her that. Her flat was totally child friendly and welcoming, he was entranced by her small dog. We found  a  charming person, who had enjoyed a lifetime nurturing and caring for babies and small children . This Posada thing just gets better.  Two new interesting people to know.

The Posada was not as interesting as Lucy's chair. Reuben  played with the controls for an age,as Lucy went back , up, feet up, feet down, chair up , and Lucy nearly out, and she didn't say dont once.

Today is Reubens 3rd birthday, and I thank God for the person who baked a sponge cake ,decorated with white icing and chocolate vermicelli, and filled with raspberry preserve, that I bought on Advent Sunday at the Junior Church Cake stall (For Sudan). One more job I didn't have to do myself.

I get so stressed, I know I dont show it , but inside I can be a churned up heap.
  • Posada, ticked off success
  • Birthday tea, ticked off success
  • Getting to MU with gift for Prayer Partner in pouring rain with small birthday boy and rest of family home from school, ticked off success, thanks to fantastic puddle outside St Johns

    Housegroup tonight  I was reminded again-not to worry. Nobody could have been as busy in one day as Jesus,and so I am determined to get into proportion my stress in this busy , busy time.

    I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught. John 14 v 25

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...