Monday, 13 July 2009

On a Rocky ledge

It has been a bit of a bird week really for me. In my Reading Group at Filey Library last Friday we discussed 'A guide to the birds of East Africa ' by Nicholas Drayton, a witty novel, and the easy Summer read most of us were ready for after the harrowing storylines of some of the year's earlier reads

I was thankful for the opening sentence yesterday at St Oswalds Morning Service.It was about Eagles not Razorbills but the RSPB Managed nesting site at Bempton got me thinking about what a lot the rich Avian fauna in this part of Yorkshire may teach us.
So we went to Bempton after lunch yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the stroll along the coastal path for an hour to spot Puffins, Razorbills, Kittiwakes,Guillemots and the renowned mainland colony of nesting Gannets. One of the comments to my Cinderella Blog reminded me that the coast has a wealth of attractions for the visitors and residents of Filey. I had forgotten. I have not been on the Brigg for years or been to Bempton recently even though I can see it from an upstairs window of our house.
Sometimes I feel I too am sitting on a Rocky ledge, but I know I will not fall off.
Here is the text from yesterday, and I have put it in context.

Isaiah 40(The Message)
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.

1 comment:

  1. susanfbruce@yahoo.co.uk19 July 2009 at 22:27

    Must read the Message more frequently. It puts a fresh aspect on a familiar word.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...