Thursday, 26 March 2009

Filey Parish:Blogging for Lent . Temptation and the real Judean desert

The real Judean desert is not the place where I want to go for rough camping. Neither do I fancy the cable car up from Jericho to the Mount of Temptation. As I post this blog I will be in Israel again,I wonder if I will have been tempted this year to remain in Jericho and visit the Tell as I did in 08. I loved my solitary stroll looking at the archaelogical remains of one of the oldest towns in the world. It was wrong of me really, if you are part of a group you should not do your own thing in a maverick way. I hope I will overcome the temptation to stay ,and will be able to post some pictures to the blog from the site of one of the possible places where Christ looked down over the 'Kingdoms of the world'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...