Monday, 9 March 2009

Filey Parish: Blogging for Lent – What are we frightened of?


This is a screen shot from the computer game Fallout 3, which is set in our world after a nuclear war and all sorts of horrible mutations have occurred, as you can see. These creatures in the picture are called feral ghouls. When such things kill my character I can go back to my last saved game but we all know that in real life such luxuries do not occur. We all have certain things that frighten us more than others. This week I have my own fear as my daughter starts to have pains too early in her pregnancy. Fear is an emotion that stops us running into danger. My fears for my daughter has resulted in me turning to the Lord in prayer and asking others to pray for her. There is the promise in 1 John 4:18 that “perfect love drives out fear”. I continue to fear and this same verse chastises me for doing so, but it is a case of trusting that God continues to love us whatever happens. Also we need to believe that He is in control and He alone knows the big picture of things.

2 comments:

  1. I wil pray for her too Brian. I'm glad the picture worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, which one of these characters is you? Or are you the big guy holding the chainsaw in the foreground? I'll think of you next time I'm cutting the hedge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...